Wintertime gets a bad rap! Wintertime can sometimes seem like it goes on forever! We get stuck inside and stuck in ruts of comfort that are not always good for us. Winter can be a tough time for many of us. The shorter days, colder temperatures, and lack of sunshine can make it hard to stay motivated and positive. However, there are ways to pamper yourself and make the most of the winter months. Even though this is a time when there doesn’t seem to be much going on, when you are in your home, you can find many ways to enjoy this time of year! It can be a cozy time of the year, a time to start healthy habits, make plans for the future, and just enjoy being! As the winter months approach and the temperatures drop, it’s important to take care of ourselves both physically and mentally. One way to do this is by indulging in some self-pampering. Here are a few ideas to help you get started feeling cozy and cheer you up!
- Fix a hot cup of your favorite beverage, grab your blanket, and sit by a crackling fire. Instead of reaching for a can of soda or a cup of coffee, try making yourself a hot cocoa, tea, or chai latte. These warm drinks can help soothe the body and mind, and provide a comforting and cozy feeling to de-stress
- Take a warm bath. Fill your tub with warm water and add in some Epsom salts or essential oils for a relaxing and rejuvenating experience. Light some candles and put on some soothing music to create a spa-like atmosphere
- Light some twinkling lights in a dark room and meditate;
- Grab your journal and jot down all that you are grateful for
- Add cozy colors to your rooms by adding pillows, tablecloths, or bright bedspreads
- Add throw rugs in areas where your bare feet hit the ground to avoid that chill
- Wear your slippers or fuzzy footies to keep your feet warm
- Add a pot on the stove of potpourri in steaming water and let the smells engulf the rooms
- Find a good book and a special reading spot. Cozy up with a good book and a warm blanket. Whether you prefer fiction or non-fiction, there are plenty of great books out there to choose from.
- Bake your favorite cake or bread and enjoy the aroma
- Spend some time making your favorite soup and enjoy it throughout the week
- Have a binge-watching night of the show you love
- Give yourself a manicure or pedicure. Treat yourself to a new nail polish color or try a new design. Not only will your nails look great, but the process of painting your nails can be therapeutic and relaxing
- Try a new skincare routine, because cold weather can be harsh on our skin, so it’s important to take extra care of it during the winter months. Experiment with different moisturizers, masks, and serums to find what works best for your skin.
- Take a walk. Yes, we know, it’s cold outside, but getting some fresh air and exercise is still important. Bundle up and take a walk around your neighborhood. The fresh air will do you good, and the exercise will help to boost your mood.