Our practice focuses on the following three areas:
- Client Care – Connecting future clients to a clinician that’s a good fit as well as offering services and programs that clients need
- Community care – Volunteering at community events or resource fairs, providing presentations each month at local places of worship, employers, doctor offices, and schools as well as implementing and promoting services or programs that our community asks for
- Employee care – focusing on the importance of employee self-care and allowing ourselves to focus on long term career goals
We are always interested in talking with prospective employees who might be a good fit for our office. Please feel free to explore the different pages on our website to find out more about us. The first thing you will notice about us is that we offer a wide range of services to our community, and we work with a variety of clients. Our employees’ contributions are valued, and we make sure they have opportunities to utilize both their strengths and their passions to benefit our clients, office, and our community. Moreover, you will notice that we help find the best fit for each client, whether it be within our office or with another nearby counseling center. Through resource sharing and case consultation, our clinicians are able to work autonomously while receiving support from other professionals. No matter if you are new to the mental health or counseling field, or if you are a seasoned professional looking for a change, we would like to hear from you! Our goal is to create a clinical team that reflects the diversity of our world, which is why we seek clinicians from diverse backgrounds. Clinicians from marginalized communities (people of color, LGBTQIA+, etc) are especially encouraged to apply.
We strive to be authentic, avoiding the idea of being pretentious. Our practice culture is not defined by the industry’s highest salaries, the most beautiful office, fancy water deliveries, or where someone went to graduate school. We are not trying to compete with other practices or other agencies. Why compete when we can work alongside other professionals to build our community up?
Our culture is defined by:
- Encouraging education & growth rather than stagnation. We put value on wanting our clinicians to obtain additional training and certifications. We want our employees to be challenged; proud of themselves and what they have accomplished.
- Being available when an employee needs to staff a case or has a client crisis they need help navigating
- Not publicly shaming an employee when they make a mistake, instead of looking for ways to fix/mend issues in the here & now and avoid issues in the future.
- Focusing on the needs of the client and clinician, not the practice’s bottom line.
- Providing resources both in print, but also through our intranet – so that employees have the tools they need to be successful in their clinical work.
- Connecting & supporting others in the community at neighboring counseling practices/agencies and schools
- Promoting collaboration and support vs isolation and competitiveness among professionals
- Sustainability is important. We make tough decisions to keep the practice running, but why? Clinicians are encouraged to speak to the owners about those questions. Transparency is paramount.