Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) Skills Group
Our adult DBT skills group is here to help you learn important tools to manage your emotions, build better relationships, and create a more satisfying life.
If you’re someone who wants to work on themselves, is open to trying new things, and is willing to practice outside of group sessions, this is the group for you!
It is not uncommon for members of our group to face challenges like intense feelings, impulsive actions, difficult relationships, negative self-image, or feeling stuck in unhelpful habits.
It doesn’t matter if you’re new to therapy or have tried other treatments before – we provide a safe and understanding space where you can learn and grow with others who are going through similar experiences.
This group might be good for you if you have the following…
- Emotion regulation difficulties: Individuals struggling with overwhelming emotions, mood swings, or intense reactions to stressors may be seeking support and guidance on how to manage their emotions more effectively.
- Relationship challenges: People who have difficulty establishing and maintaining healthy relationships with others may be looking for strategies to improve their communication skills, build trust, and set boundaries.
- Impulsive behaviors: Individuals who engage in impulsive or risky behaviors, such as substance use, binge eating, self-harm, or reckless driving, may be seeking help to develop alternative coping mechanisms that do not lead to negative consequences.
- Negative self–image: People who struggle with low self-esteem, self-criticism, or self-doubt may be looking for ways to challenge their negative thoughts and beliefs and develop a more positive and accepting self-concept.
- Feeling stuck: Individuals who feel stuck in unhelpful patterns of thinking, feeling, and behaving may be seeking a supportive environment where they can learn new skills and perspectives to help them make positive changes in their lives.
What to Expect
Investment of Time.
Participating in a DBT skills group each week is an investment in yourself, your relationships, and your future. Think of group like planting seeds for a better future – where you can grow into a happier and healthier person!
Investment of time would be blocking out the weekly skills group in your calendar each week, as well as being intentional with practicing skills when needed and filling out diary cards as requested.
Investment of Money.
Participating in a DBT skills group each week is $45/per session.
We do not bill insurance for our groups.
Groups are designed to be psychoeducational, skills development, and support. In general, skills groups are not covered by Medicaid or commercial insurance because they do not meet the criteria for “medical necessity.”
Complete form to start the conversation and explore the next steps!
Use the contact form to inquire about groups.
Weekly groups are $45/session.
Due to the influx of referrals, please be patient with us, as we will respond as quickly as we can. The messages are checked daily, if you do not get a response in 24 hours please resubmit.
We appreciate you reaching out to us, we look forward to working with you!