Group Counseling / Support Groups
Group counseling enables clients to learn from others’ experiences and allows the clients to see that they are not alone in their struggles. During group counseling, clients have the opportunity with a therapist facilitator to not only work through their own struggles but support other members of the group with similar situations. Support groups are similar to group counseling. Our support groups have meeting topics.
While interpersonal process groups are covered by insurance, our groups are designed to be psychoeducational, skills development, and support. We also utilize both licensed clinicians & interns, therefore are not covered by Medicaid or commercial insurance. 1-hour groups are $45/session, we do not bill insurance for our groups. Families can, however, use their HSA or FSA cards to pay for group counseling sessions.
- Pre-School play therapy group
- Recruiting Fridays at 1:30
- 3-5yrs old
- Cost $45/session
- Lower Elementary
- Recruiting for Saturdays at 10am
- Grades K-2nd/3rd
- Cost $45/session
- Upper Elementary
- Recruiting for Saturdays at 8am
- Grades 3rd-5th
- Cost $45/session
- Middle School Group
- Recruiting Thursdays at 4:00 pm to start in August
- Grades 6th-8th
- Cost $45session
High School (Virtual Groups) 9th-12th grades
- Weekly DBT Skils Group – Recruiting Group.The group is designed to provide psychoeducation as well as teaching coping skills with mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness. Ideal for those high school teens struggling with intense emotions, suicidal ideation, self-harm or those lacking coping skills and emotional regulation. This is designed to be supplementary and the client should be in some sort of other counseling as well.
- Weekly high school group – Not Recruiting The cost is $45 per session. Group will have a weekly topic, combined with space for teens to process their feelings & experiences as well as feel connected & learn from others. This group is ideal for teens who struggle with anxiety or depression and need some tools fo their toolbox.
- Weekly DBT Skils Group – Recruiting Group. The group is designed to provide psychoeducation as well as teaching coping skills with mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness. Ideal for those high school teens struggling with intense emotions, suicidal ideation, self-harm or those lacking coping skills and emotional regulation. This is designed to be supplementary and the client should be in some sort of other counseling as well.
- Survival & Self Care Parent group
- 6 weeks long
- Consists of the weekly topic
- Discounted $25/session
- Beyond Behaviors
- 8 weeks long
- Consists of weekly teaching, activity, and guided discussions based on concepts from the book Beyond Behaviors by Mona Delahooke. Please note: We encourage reading but do not require
- Discounted, cost $25/session
- Adoptive parent support group
- Consists of guided discussions based on core concepts critical to raising adopted children
- Cost $45/week
Looking for group counseling?
Register now:There are no upcoming events at this time.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- If Step By Step Counseling cancels a training, we will refund registration fee or participant can decide to use that as a credit to an upcoming training.
- Cancellations received at least 5 days prior to scheduled training are refundable less a $35 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 5 days prior to a scheduled training will not be refunded.
- Missed training (no shows) will not be given a refund.
- Must attend entire training, partial CE credit is not available.