Many times, clients ask us, “How did you come up with the name, “Step By Step Counseling?”
Many times, we are working with couples, families or individuals who are “overwhelmed.” Clients come to us with a lot on their plate, and are at times feeling hopeless. Sometimes it’s easier to make small changes (small steps), rather than to try making huge life changes all at once.
Yet other times clients have this vision of how they want life to look like or goals that they want to reach and it can be daunting to begin those changes. We practice, as cliche as it might be, one step at a time, just putting one foot forward in getting closer ideal place. For us, we like the image of taking one step at a time, not rushing through, but being mindful, aware of what is around us and what we are capable of. Let us help you, Step By Step with whatever you are going through!
Here are some of our favorite quotes, that relate to our practice name.
- You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step Martin Luther King, Jr.
- One may walk over the highest mountain one step at a time John Wanamaker
- The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step Lao Tzu
- This one step – choosing a goal and sticking to it – changes everything Scott Reed
- One step at a time is good walking Chinese Proverb
- If you don’t like the way the world is, you change it. You have an obligation to change it. You just do it one step at a time Marion Wright Edelman
- To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping Chinese Proverb
- Champions know there are no shortcuts to the top. They climb the mountain one step at a time. They have no use for helicopters! Judi Adler
- Courage is one step ahead of fear Coleman Young
Which quote resonates most, inspires you to take one step forward today? And what step might it be?