Hello Readers!

Jennie here, as a Licensed Professional Counselor and National Certified Counselor, I am excited to share that I am also officially a Registered Play Therapist.  The credentials of RPT are conferred by the Association for Play Therapy (APT); a professional organization that helps advance play therapy by sponsoring credentialing, as well as promoting research and training. Play therapists can be licensed counselors, clinical social workers and psychologists.

For those who are unfamiliar with this credential, to become an RPT, applications must have earned either a masters or doctoral degree in mental health, and have clocked hours of play therapy training and clinical experience under supervision.  I received my play therapy training and clinical supervision through a year long post graduate certificate program in Play Therapy at MNU.

For me, play therapy is important when working with children because it helps me reach children using developmentally appropriate theories and techniques to help them through whatever they are struggling with.

This is another tool in my toolbox to be able to help children and families get back on their feet.

Best Wishes,

Jennie Wilson is a child and adolescent therapist. She holds the credentials of a Licensed Professional Counselor, National Certified Counselor and a Registered Play Therapist-Supervisor