- This event has passed.
Parenting Special Topics: Back to School Organization (1.0 Hour)
August 5, 2016 @ 5:00 pm - 6:00 pm$15
It’s that time of year, where families might struggle from adjusting to the slower pace of summer, to the faster pace of the school year. Do you have your first born starting school for the first time this fall? Are you seasoned parent who struggles with organization around getting your kids into the groove of going back to school? Starting the new school year can be a time of excitement for some children and significant anxiety for others. Sometimes it can be daunting to keep track of school work, extra curricular events and more. This webinar is designed to help give you some tips and tricks to help keep yourself organized. Every new school year is a opportunity for a fresh start, help your student start off on the right foot and have a wonderful school year!!
Participants will learn:
- Managing school schedules, including before/after school routines
- Developing good homework and study habits
- Food and meal challenges
- Organization of school work (homework and graded work)
Jennie Wilson, MA, LPC, NCC, RPTS, is a licensed professional counselor, national certified counselor and a registered play therapist – supervisor.
- Register for workshop by purchasing a ticket to the webinar below.
- If you have paid; the day before the webinar, an e-mail will be sent to you with the log-in details.
- Log in a few minutes early. It helps to avoid being rushed at the beginning of a webinar! Webinars are held in Central Time Zone; please check your local time zone the day of the webinar to ensure that you are able to join us.
- Check the sound quality and mic quality of your computer before joining the webinar, trouble shooting a few minutes before the webinar begins can allow you to relax during the webinar.
- Provide feedback! In order to grow; we need feedback as to what worked well and what could be better. We welcome, and appreciate both compliments and constructive criticism.