- This event has passed.
Parenting, Technology and Apps, oh my!
July 28, 2016 @ 5:45 pm - 7:30 pm$15
Do you know what types of devices your children or teens are using? Are you familiar with all of the social media apps that can be found on those devices? Our workshop will cover those questions, as well as how to monitor, what lingo to look out for.
Date: Thursday July 28th
Time: 5:45-7:30pm (Central)
Format: In Person, Hands-on Workshop
Participants will learn:
- To identify and distinguish between different forms of technology that children and adolescents are currently using
- Navigate between different apps and social media platforms
- Tips on how to keep children and adolescents safe
- Suggestions of appropriate boundaries for children and adolescents
- How technology affects the brain of a child or adolescent
It is highly recommended that participants bring their own devices so that they can participate in hands on learning. Bonus, if a participant can bring their teenager’s phone.
Miranda Chaney – Undergraduate student at Lindenwood University, Undergraduate Intern with Step By Step Counseling
Jennie Wilson, MA, LPC, NCC, RPTS, is a licensed professional counselor, national certified counselor and a registered play therapist – supervisor. In addition to working in private practice, Jennie provides consultation and supervision to those who are interested in play therapy.
- 5:45pm-6:00pm – Check in; connect devices to wifi
- 6:00pm-7:15pm – Presentation; hands on learning with devices
- 7:15pm-7:30pm – Questions & Answers; Evaluations
With questions about the workshop or registration, please contact our office at 636-255-0002
Please note: This workshop is designed for adults the information may not be appropriate for children to hear. Please do not bring your children – they will not be allowed in the workshop.