Meet Rachel! Rachel Schaeffer is a Licensed Master Social Worker supervised by Mary Thome and a child and adolescent therapist with Step By Step Counseling. She enjoys working with children ages 3-17 and their families. Rachel enjoys working with children and
adolescents navigating life transitions and changes, using Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, art and play therapy, and psychoeducation. She has experience working with children, adolescents, and their families in several different settings such as schools, agencies, and in their own homes. Rachel believes that all emotions and personal experiences are valid. Her goal is to provide all clients with a safe place to feel heard and understood while helping them gain the skills to make desired changes in their lives.
A few areas of interest are:
- Divorce and Separation
- Life transitions and changes
- Foster care and adoption
- Coping Skills and emotional regulation
- Relationship / peer issues
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology and Sociology from Maryville University
- Master of Social Work from Washington University in St. Louis
Certifications & Credentials
Articles or blogposts written by therapist
- On an outside resource: Perceptions of School Disciplinary Measures
Fees & Payment Information
- Intake: $55-85/session
- 40-45 minute: $55-85
- In process to be paneled with medicaid
Availability and Location
- Late afternoon and evenings
- In-home – Jefferson County, South County, West County
- In-office – St. Charles
Get to know Rachel!
Outside of the office, Rachel enjoys spending time with her fiancé, family and friends. She loves animals and likes to spend time with her dogs Gunner and Georgia, and her cat Presley. Rachel enjoys outdoor activities such as hiking and camping and enjoys traveling. She loves exploring new cities and states.
Work with Rachel!
If you are interested in working with her, please schedule through our online form.