Meet Miranda! Miranda (Pitonak) Myers is a Licenced Professional Counselor and an adolescent and adult therapist with Step By Step Counseling. She enjoys working with ages 10yrs through adults. She wants to work as a partner with you in addressing concerns and allow you a place to process your thoughts, feelings, and behaviors without judgment. We have all developed unique strengths throughout our life, and she hopes to help you learn to harness those strengths in order to work through current and future problems/concerns. You are in control of the focus of therapy, and utilizing the skills discussed between sessions.
A few areas of interest are:
- LGBTQIA+ and sexual identity
- Anxiety & Depression and coping skills
- Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Self Esteem or Self Worth
- Career development, job-related support, job loss, job unhappiness
- Self Harm and coping skills
- Life transitions – divorce (youth), adapting to a new school, moving, break-ups
- Friendship concerns, making friends or setting boundaries with peers
- Emotional health (understanding, processing, identifying, etc)
- Bachelor of Arts in Counseling Psychology from Colorado Mesa University
- Master of Arts in Rehabilitation Counseling from Maryville University
Certifications & Credentials
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor
- TAC trained (Training for Adoption Competency)
- Working through an 18 month CPP Certification (Child-Parent Psychotherapy)
Articles or blogposts written by therapist
Fees & Payment Information
- Intake: 150/session
- 53-60 minutes: 140/session
- 40-45 minutes: 120/session
- 20-25 minute session: 75/session
- Sliding scale $85-140/session, depending on household income
- Medicaid plans such as MoHealthNet, Homestate Health, Show me Healthy Kids, Healthy Blue, UHC-Community plan
- Commercial insurance: Optum, UHC, UMR, All Savers, Aetna, Meritain, Coventry, First Health, Healthlink, Ambetter
Availability and Location
Location & Hours at each location:
- Thursday – afternoon/evening
- Saint Charles County office or virtual
- Tues – afternoon/evening
- Saturday – daytime
- Saint Louis County office or virtual
- Wedesday – mornings
- Friday – daytime
Get to know Miranda!
Outside of the office Miranda enjoys spending time with her significant other and 2 dogs (Lily and Luna). They enjoy checking out parks, new restaurants, and community events. Miranda loves cooking and baking and likes to try several new recipes each week. She also likes to travel, her favorite states to visit are Oregon and Colorado—she considers mountains and waterfalls her happy place. She hopes to visit Barcelona, Spain someday.
Work with Miranda!
If you are interested in working with her, please call 636-255-0002 or schedule through our online form.