Meet Emily! Emily Brennan is a Licenced Professional Counselor and a child and adolescent therapist with Step By Step Counseling. She enjoys working with ages 3-18 yrs old. Emily began her career in crisis mental health and most recently, served as a school-based clinician before joining Step By Step Counseling. Emily has experience working with children of all ages, especially those with concerns related to adoption and foster care, ADHD, anxiety, depression, PTSD, and behavioral concerns. Emily is passionate about helping children that have experienced adverse childhood experiences and assisting them in developing the tools they need to overcome these hurdles and meet their goals
A few areas of interest are:
- Foster and adoptive children, adolescents, and families
- Anxiety & Depression and coping skills
- Behavioral and Emotional concerns
- Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Sociology from Illinois College
- Masters in Clinical Counseling Psychology from Illinois State University
Certifications & Credentials
- IM+CANS training and certification (Illinois Medicaid Comprehensive Assessment of Needs and Strengths)
- Currently enrolled in TAC (Training for Adoption Competency)
- Currently enrolled in DDP
Articles or blogposts written by therapist
- Blog post here 🙂
Fees & Payment Information
- Intake: $140/session
- 40-45 minute: $120/session
- 20-25 minute session: $75/session
- Sliding scale $95-130/session, depending on household income
- In process of being paneled with some commercial insurance plans – Currently out of network
- In process of being paneled with Medicaid and managed Medicaid
Availability and Location
- Monday-Saturday for individual appointments, she prefers weekly or every other week commitment from clients and their families
- Saint Charles office
Get to know Emily!
Outside of the office, Emily enjoys spending time with her husband and baby boy. She also has FIVE pets! 3 dogs – Jake, Moose, and Mia and 2 cats – Pepper and Sable! Emily and her family enjoy hiking with their dogs, video games, watching movies, and playing many, many board games. Emily describes herself as a kid at heart and feels like this is really beneficial in connecting with her clients. She LOVES sports and can talk about her favorite teams all day long. She was involved in several sports growing up and even played a year of basketball in college!
Work with Emily!
When working with Emily, clients would describe her as “goofy” and easy to talk to. She allows clients to know she’s there for them, meeting them where they are at, and moving at their pace. Emily’s favorite thing is to incorporate her client’s interests into their time together to help them feel safe and ready to share. If you are interested in working with her, please schedule through our online form below.