Meet Desiree! Desiree is a Provisionally Licensed Professional Counselor and a Play Therapist in training under the supervision of Amanda Serio, #2017008255. She enjoys working with children ages 3 and up, adolescents, and families. Desiree believes when working with children and adolescents the family unit is essential in providing the support and direction necessary for optimal growth and lasting change.
Therefore, she encourages and includes caregivers through every step of the counseling process.
A few areas of interest are:
- Social Skills
- Family Conflict
- Behavioral and Emotional concerns
- Sibling issues
- Bachelors in Behavioral Science from Missouri Baptist University
- Masters in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from Missouri Baptist University
- Currently enrolled in the Play Therapy Certificate program through Missouri Baptist University
Certifications & Credentials
- Working towards Registered Play Therapist credential
- Currently enrolled and participating in a DDP training
- Currently enrolled in the TAC training
Articles or blogposts written by therapist
- Blog post here 🙂
Fees & Payment Information
- Intake: 95/session
- 40-45 minute: 95/session
- Sliding scale $65-95/session
- Working towards being paneled with straight Medicaid and all managed Medicaid plans.
Availability and Location
- Saint Charles office
- In-home Jefferson County
Get to know Desiree!
Outside of the office, Desiree enjoys spending as much time outside as she can hiking, taking walks, touring new places, creating rock art, fishing, and swimming. Desiree loves to cook for her family, play video games, sing, and paint.
Work with Desiree!
Desiree can be described as creative, organized, and intentional. She believes you are the expert of your own life and so working close with families and clients is essential for optimal growth and learning. If you are interested in working with her, please schedule through our online form.