Meet Amanda! Amanda (Holman) Serio is a Licenced Professional Counselor and a child therapist with Step By Step Counseling. She is a registered play therapist and specializes in working with children ages 3 and up. Amanda typically utilizes a combination of Adlerian therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, while utilizing play therapy techniques when working with clients and families. Amanda believes parents play the biggest role in success for change in their child’s life and it is important to partner with parents during the time of their child’s counseling journey.
A few areas of interest are:
- Anger Management
- Behavioral / Emotional concerns
- Coping Skills
- Friendship skills (making and strengthening friendships)
- Life transitions or changes (divorce, moving, changing or adapting to a new school)
- Grief and Loss
- Self-esteem, self-worth
- School behaviors or difficulties
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from the University of Missouri – Kansas City
- Master of Education in Counseling from the University of Missouri St. Louis
- TAC (Training for Adoption Competency) trained, DDP 1 trained
Certifications & Credentials
- Registered play therapist (RPT)
- National Certified Counselor (NCC)
Articles or blogposts written by therapist
Fees & Payment Information
- Intake: 150/session
- 53-60 minutes: 140/session
- 40-45 minutes: 120/session
- 20-25 minute session: 75/session
- Sliding scale $95-140/session, depending on household income
- Medicaid plans such as MoHealthNet, Homestate Health, Show me Healthy Kids, Healthy Blue, UHC-Community plan
- Commercial insurance: Optum, UHC, UMR, All Savers, Aetna, Meritain, Coventry, First Health, Healthlink
Availability and Location
- 4-8 on some weeknights, Saturday mornings for individual appointments, she prefers weekly or every other week committment from clients and their families
- Saint Louis County office in Olivette
- Virtual, telehealth
Get to know Amanda!
Outside of the office, in her free time Amanda enjoys spending time with her fiancé ad their dog, Ollie. She loves to bake, spend time with family and friends and attend Cardinals games. She has recently taken an interrest in calligraphy and has an obsession with minions.
Work with Amanda!
If you are interested in working with her, please call 636-255-0002 or schedule through our online form.