Meet Amanda! Amanda Brown Kidwell is a provisional licensed professional counselor and registered play therapist in training under the concurrent supervision of Melissa Neverls. Amanda consults frequently with advanced practitioners and peers to best support each person she is privileged to serve. She enjoys working with ages 3+. With more than 5 years of experience in mental health treatment, Amanda specializes in connecting with children & adolescents and their parents or caregivers. Relatable and fun Amanda enjoys introducing each person to the therapy relationship. By carefully building trust with each young person, Amanda hopes to build a trusting relationship. At the same time, she affirms the efforts of parents & caregivers doing their best to heal wounded relationships and helping their youth meet their goals.
A few areas of interest are:
- Trauma & Attachment
- Anxiety & depression
- Parent support
- Children of parents with mental illness
- Social skills
- Perinatal support for caregivers & new mothers
- Bachelors in Psychology from University of Missouri
- Masters in Mental Health Counseling from Webster University
- Currently enrolled in Play Therapy Certificate program through Missouri Baptist University
Certifications & Credentials
- Currently enrolled in Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP) Learning Collaborative through the University of California-San Francisco’s Child Trauma Research Program
- Working towards Registered play Therapy credential
Articles or blogposts written by therapist
- Blog posts will go here
Fees & Payment Information
- Intake: 85/session
- 40-45 minute: 85/session
- Sliding scale $55-85/session as needed
- Straight Medicaid for foster & adoptive youth
Availability and Location
- Sunday afternoon
- Olivette location (Sundays, Thursdays)
- Mid St. Louis County (East of 270)
- South City / South County
- Northern Jefferson County (Fenton, Arnold, Imperial)
Get to know Amanda!
Amanda has wanted to be a therapist since she was 14 years old, and is proud that she was the first person in her family to graduate from college (so she could become a therapist). In her spare time, she can be found studying, goofing off with her kids, and tripping over her feet in a Zumba class. She likes watching mindless comedies, traveling, and sunshine.
Work with Amanda!
If you are interested in working with her, please call 636-255-0002 or schedule through our online form.