Group Counseling / Support Groups
Group counseling enables clients to learn from others’ experiences and allows the clients to see that they are not alone in their struggles. During group counseling, clients have the opportunity with a therapist facilitator to not only work through their own struggles, but support other members of the group with similar situations. Support groups are similar to group counseling. Our support groups have meeting topics.
Counseling and support groups are always forming. If interested in a group, please contact our office for more details.
- Lower Elementary – Group is held weekly on Saturdays at 8:30am. Cost is $40 per session. For virtual groups, parent support is needed during sessions. To Register: http://stepbystepcounselingllc.com/contact-us/groupregistration/
- Upper Elementary – Group is held weekly on Saturdays at 10:30am. Cost is $40 per session. For virtual groups, parent support is needed during sessions. To Register: http://stepbystepcounselingllc.com/contact-us/groupregistration/
- Middle School Group – Group is held weekly on Wednesdays at 4:15. Cost is $40 per session. To Register: http://stepbystepcounselingllc.com/contact-us/groupregistration/
High School (Virtual Groups) 9th-12th grades
- Weekly high school group – Group is held weekly on Tuesdays from 6:30-7:30pm. Cost is $40 per session. Group will have a weekly topic, combined with space for teens to process their feelings & experiences as well as feel connected & learn from others. This group is ideal for teens who struggle with anxiety or depression and need some tools fo their toolbox. Group starts October 6th. To Register: http://stepbystepcounselingllc.com/contact-us/groupregistration/
- Weekly DBT Skils Group – Group is held weekly on Tuesdays from 4:30-6:00pm. Cost is $55 per session. Group is designed to provide psychoeducation as well as teaching coping skills with mindfulness, emotional regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness. Ideal for those high school teens struggling with intense emotions, suicidal ideation, self harm or those lacking coping skills and emotional regulation. This is designed to be supplementary and client should be in some sort of other counseling as well. Group starts October 6th. To Register: http://stepbystepcounselingllc.com/contact-us/groupregistration/
** Currently not running in person groups due to Covid 19. Will resume again **
In person Groups, Ongoing groups
- Pre-School Play Therapy
- Saturday Upper Elementary
- Saturday Lower Elementary
- Tuesday Middle School Support
- Depression / Anxiety Goup
- 9th-12th grades
- Stepping Stones Depression / Anxiety Group
- Coed, 18 & over
- Currently Recruiting
Looking for group counseling?
Register now:There are no upcoming events at this time.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- If Step By Step Counseling cancels a training, we will refund registration fee or participant can decide to use that as a credit to an upcoming training.
- Cancellations received at least 5 days prior to scheduled training are refundable less a $35 administrative fee.
- Cancellations received within 5 days prior to a scheduled training will not be refunded.
- Missed training (no shows) will not be given a refund.
- Must attend entire training, partial CE credit is not available.