Meet Jennie! Jennie Wison is a Licenced Professional Counselor and a child therapist with Step By Step Counseling. She enjoys working with ages 3-16 and their caregivers.
Jennie is currently enrolled in TAC (Training for Adoption Competency) – a 12 month, evidenced based certification program which will help her provide competent services for all 3 sides of adoption whether you are coming to her from the perspective of the biological family member, the adoptive parents or the adoptee.
Jennie enjoys running groups in the office. She currently runs the pre-school play therapy group, all three elementary groups, and the middle school support group.
A few areas of interest are:
- Adoption or Guardianship Attachment (International, Domestic or Fostercare)
- Anxiety / Depression
- Disruptive mood dysregulation disorder (DMDD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD)
- Autism Spectrum (ASD)
- Sensory Integration
- Behavioral & Emotional Concerns
Noteworthy: Jennie created the Parent Hub to help support parents, guardians and caregivers.
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology with a Minor in Human Development and Family Studies from University of Missouri – Columbia
- Masters of Arts in Professional and School Counseling from Lindenwood University
- Post graduate certification in Play Therapy from Mid America Nazerine
Certifications & Credentials
- National Certified Counselor
- Registered Play Therapy – Supervisor
- EMDR Certified
- Safe and Sound Protocol Certified
- Theraplay trained
- TF-CBT trained
- Autplay Certified
- Continuing education: interpersonal neurobiology, polyvagal theory, sandtray therapy, TBRI, mindfulness and parenting.
Articles or blogposts written by therapist
Fees & Payment Information
- Intake: 125/session
- 40-45 minute: 115/session
- Parent Coaching: $115 for 45 minutes or $135 for 60 minutes (Not covered by insurance)
- SSP: $625 for entire protocol (Intake + 5 hours) (Not covered by insurance)
- In network with some commerical insurance plans
- In network with some medicaid plans
Availability and Location
- 7:30-4:00 (Monday-Friday) for individual appointments, she prefers weekly or every other week committment from clients and their families
- Late afternoon and Saturday mornings for groups
- Saint Charles office
Get to know Jennie!
Outside of the office Jennie enjoys spending time with her husband and children. Jennie is a licensed foster parent in the state of Missouri and enjoys connecting with the foste & adoptive community in our state. While she didn’t inherit a green thumb from her grandfather, she enjoys planting veggies and flowers each spring with her children. Many families report they run into her at the park, community events and city sporting events.
Work with Jennie!
If you are interested in working with her, please call 636-255-0002 or schedule through our online form.