Quote that inspires Brook
“Happiness is like a butterfly, the more you chase it, the more it will elude, but if you turn your attention to other things, it will come and sit softly on your shoulder.” Henry David Thoreau
So many times we seek to always be happy which is unrealistic. Experiencing and sitting with a wide range of emotions brings long-lasting satisfaction.
Meet Brook! Brook is a Licensed Professional Counselor and a child therapist with Step By Step Counseling. She has been with us since 2014 and enjoys working with ages 2-14 years. With over 25 years of experience working with children, Brook’s first career was as an Early Childhood and Elementary Educator. She has extensively studied the topics of attachment, play therapy, interpersonal neurobiology, mindfulness, parenting and polyvagal theory. Brook enjoys working with children, adolescents and their families.
A few areas of interest are:
- Attachment and Relationships
- Fostercare & Adoption
- Autism Spectrum (ASD)
- Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
- Bachelors of Science in Human Resources and Family Sciences at University of Nebraska-Lincoln
- Bachelors of Science in Elementary Education at University of Nebraska at Omaha
- Masters of Arts in Professional Counseling at Lindenwood University
- Post-Graduate Studies – Psychological Examinerat Lindenwood University
Certifications & Credentials
- Registered Play Therapy – Supervisor
- Dyadic Developmental Psychotherapy Level 1 & 2
- Continuing education: Filial Therapy, Neuroscience, IPNB (Interpersonal Neurobiology), Sandtray Therapy, Trauma Focused-Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT), Child-Parent Relationship Therapy (CPRT), and Trust-Based Relational Intervention 101 (TBRI).
Articles or blogposts written by therapist
Fees & Payment Information
- Intake: 125/session
- 40-45 minute: 115/session
- Parent Coaching: $115 for 45 minutes or $135 for 60 minutes
- In network with some commerical insurance plans
- In network with some medicaid plans
Availability and Location
- 2-8 Monday-Wednesday
- Saint Charles office – not at the moment due to COVID19
Get to know Brook!
Work with Brook!
Brook can be described as outspoken and authentic. Clients can expect unconditional positive regard, support and a healthy line of communication. Brook’s professional motivation came from her time as an educator, wanting to support her students more. She sees her role as a therapist to help clients learn about themselves. Brook believes that there is power in relationships, and encourages families to be involved in their child’s therapy. If you are interested in working with her, please call 636-255-0002 or schedule through our online form.