Meet Amanda! Amanda Holman is a Licenced Professional Counselor and a child therapist with Step By Step Counseling. She is a registered play therapist and specializes in working with children ages 3 and up. Amanda typically utilizes a combination of Adlerian therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, while utilizing play therapy techniques when working with clients and families. Amanda believes parerents play the biggest role in success for change in their child’s life and it is important to partner with parents during the time of their child’s counseling journey.
A few areas of interest are:
- Anger Management
- Behavioral / Emotional concerns
- Coping Skills
- Friendship skills (making and strengthening friendships)
- Life transitions or chages (divorce, moving, changing or adapting to a new school)
- Grief and Loss
- Self-esteem, self-worth
- Self harm
- School behaviors or difficulties
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology from University of Missouri – Kansas City
- Master of Education in Counseling from University of Missouri St. Louis
Certifications & Credentials
- Registered play therapist (RPT)
- Natioal Certified Counselor (NCC)
Articles or blogposts written by therapist
Fees & Payment Information
- Intake: 125/session
- 40-45 minute: 115/session
- In network with United Healthcare, Optum, UMR, Compsych. Currently in process to be in network with some commercial insurance plans
- In network with Mohealthnet (foster & adoptive children), currently in process to be in network with some managed Medicaid plans
Availability and Location
- 4-8 on some weeknights, Saturday mornings for individual appointments, she prefers weekly or every other week committment from clients and their families
- Saint Louis County office in Olivette
- Virtual, telehealth
Get to know Amanda!
Outside of the office, in her free time Amanda enjoys spending time with her fiancé ad their dog, Ollie. She loves to bake, spend time with family and friends and attend Cardinals games. She has recently taken an interrest in calligraphy and has an obsession with minions.
Work with Amanda!
If you are interested in working with her, please call 636-255-0002 or schedule through our online form.