Meet Alexa! Alexa Antinoro is a Provisional Licenced Professional Counselor and a child therapist with Step By Step Counseling. She is under the supervision of Lisa Cholley. She enjoys working with ages 3 through 18. She has past experiences working with addiction in an intensive outpatient setting, as well as children & teens struggling with depression, anxiety, and suicidal ideation in partial hospitalization and intensive outpatient setting. She also has experience working with the diagnosis of mood disorders in community-based and in-home settings. Alexa is also our office Resource coordinator!
Alexa is a certified trauma professional and is trained in TF-CBT, TBRI, and play therapy. Alexa’s therapeutic style is a mix of person-centered and cognitive behavioral therapy. She also loves using Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), to support her clients who are struggling with intense emotions. She helps clients find effective ways to understand and cope with intense emotions as well as replace maladaptive thought patterns in order to promote positive healing.
A few areas of interest are:
- Depression & Anxiety
- Suicidal ideation
- Foster & Adoptive children
Groups, she enjoys running
- High School DBT Skills group (Tuesdays)
- General High School Group (Tuesdays)
- Bachelors of Arts in Psychology
- Masters of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling
Certifications & Credentials
- Certified Trauma Professional
- National Certified Counselor
- Trained in TBRI
Articles or blogposts written by therapist
Fees & Payment Information
- Sliding scale: $55-85 depending on household income
- Straight Medicaid for foster & adoptive teens
- Managed Medicaid plans Healthy Blue and UHC-Community plan.
Availability and Location
- Tuesday-Saturday for individual appointments
- Available both telehealth and in-person
- Saint Charles office
Get to know Alexa!
Alexa has recently moved here from the east coast. Outside of the office Alexa enjoys spending time with her husband and her friends. Alexa also enjoys spending time outside with her dog Apollo.
Work with Alexa!
Working with Alexa clients can expect empathy and understanding, they will know that their therapist is passionate about supporting them. If you are interested in working with her, please call 636-255-0002 or schedule through our online form.